BEST ON PAGE SEO CHECKLIST 2015

By

SEO Checklist for New Websites 2015

I have a special request from our users to talk about and SEO checklist for new sites that aren't ranking yet so I've created a new website. I wanna make sure that I'm doing all the right things in the right order that I've got everything set up and my website ranking will what are the things. I should be doing maybe some things that I shouldn't be doing and so I wanted to create a brief checklist with this whiteboard Friday and we find this useful maybe we'll expanded to even more stuff with my future so let's let's run through you got a new site that you just launched you're setting things up for success we need to worry about first of accessibility what I mean by this is users and search engines both need to be able to reach all the pages all the content you create on your website easy ways you make sure you don't have any through dumb mistakes that can that harm your SEO.

SEO Checklist

                          SEO Checklist


So these are things like 40 fours and five hundred pairs 302 zip that have 30 ones duplicate content missing title tags been content with not much material on the patient's returns to grab onto maybe for users as well to tools that are great for those superstar Google Webmaster Tools which is completely free I you can register cool dot com slash webmasters and ideas you must call crawl through the st. Elmo's Pro app also very useful I when you're looking for a new site we sorta built about the bunch of features in that we wish Google Webmaster Tools kept rakhi but they don't and so some of those features are I included you so much for all including things like a 30 2008 pull up something content stop so that can be that can be quite helpful next up keyword targeting so this read this I mean this make some sense that you have to choose the right keywords to target so what I wanna have is you've got all these ok pro probably in of a keyword for anyone to be targeting no search volume just bad choice in general but rate we will be looking at didn't do these have good search volume radar some users actually searching for me might not be able to target high-value terms because you're also looking for low difficulty, when you're first launching a site, are you want to necessarily shipping maybe you do on your home page or you know some branded page that is some some product page but for the things that you know you wanna targeting you want to work early.
web design
web design 
I short term right may be some content that you got some of those are feature pages for the product or service you're offering you think you're so you know I 'm not going be able to target you know gobble the Wichita it's really tough but maybe got the sock now that nobody's up and so you can look at search volume the relevance to the website please by all means make sure that you have something that's relevant but actually pulling in searches you care about and no difficulty if you got that same here got your keyword targeting content quality in value have a bunch abusers coming to this page and the thing itself head this doesn't really answer my query or and maybe this answers one portion but I wish there was more detail here more video more images may be it may be a nice graphic that explains some things a dataset some references to where they got this information you know not just about two blocks have taxed maybe I'm looking for something that describes a process something that explains it fully if you can do that if you can build something remarkable where all these people change from hall what's this too oh you know what instead it's.

I also I'm happy this page makes me so happy I am gonna stick my tongue out if you can get that level up enjoyment and satisfaction from your users with the quality of the content that you produce you're going to do much better in the search engines and its return is it got some really sophisticated algorithms that look at a true quality in value can see Google's gotten so much better at putting really good stuff in results even sometimes it doesn't have a lot of links or soldering hard  work you're targeting.

When it's great stuff they're doing a good job ranking next up design quality user experience and usability this is tough unless you have a professional designer you are a professional design back Ronnie you almost certainly need to hire someone or go with a very simple basic design that's that's very user-friendly that you know when you know survey your friends survey people your industry survey people in your company survey people in Eureka systematically me and this this is really good I'm very happy that is I'm a big only giving it a you know six to ten in terms a beauty but a an eight outta 10 in terms of usability I understand the constant aside it's easy to me to find things in the flow there's really no point in ranking unless you're nailing these two because, not going to get many more customers people just me frustrated by the website  they're a few tools you can use on the web to test these out so five seconds fast feedback army silverback up all these are potentially useful up for checking the usability user experience on the site social account setup because social and SEO are coming together like never before right Google showing.
link building
link building 
Plus Ones and things that people share by default in the search engine rankings being is showing all the stuff has been shared on Facebook and putting it on the rest to the concert really really pays to be in social in social signals help search engines better understand or better rankings as well as having this nice second-order effect on user usage 80 on branding on a you know the impact people seeing those sites through social sharing and potentially linking to them social account setup at the very least you probably wanna have these for Facebook Twitter LinkedIn and Google+ write all those who got Google+ only about 25 million was very growing very fast LinkedIn and Twitter Facebook are all over 150 million users right now think Twitter is a $200 million Facebook $750 million so at least have your page is set up for those make sure the account experiences the same across the reason the same photos same brand the same description so people get a good sense when they see you in the social world and you probably want to start setting something up to be monitoring and tracking these may want to sign up for something a bit Lee I used to really recommend PostRank but unfortunately not track Facebook since Google bought them anymore sold more frustrating the yes Yuma's web.

Apple started to track these for you pretty soon and once you got the social account setup you can feel good about sharing the content that you'reproducing through those social accounts finding connections building up in that world and spending the appropriate amount of time there I depending on the value your your feeling back from next up link building this is where I know a lot of people get sort of of the wrong of the wrong start and it's incredibly undercover actually just got an email my advice before we started doing my part Friday off from someone who had started a new website is like I got the three hundred links in you know now I'm now I'm not drinking anymore I was doing great last week for the first six weeks after a lingerie ranking great I started it just a quick look at the back they say when all were old no I think you know this person really went down the route I love I'm gonna get a bunch of low quality easy to acquire links and for a new site in particular it's so dangerous because Google's just really on top of throwing people out up the index for penalizing them very heavily when their link profile looks really scummy and when you don't have any trustworthy quality signals to boost you up that's when low-quality links came can hurt the most cell good things to do start with your business contacts and your customers they are great places get links from your customers are willing to issue awesome get them to let you if the context that you have the business world are willing to say hey my friend you know the render such a new website boom that's a great way to an all your email contact your LinkedIn com is the people that you know personally and professionally if you can ask the hey you know what you support me by throwing a link to me on your about page your blog roll or you're you know list of customers are your list vendors whatever it is right.
keyword research
keyword research
 I guest posting content is the great way to do are good certain content positive a content production and earning leaseback that so finding trustworthy sites that have hot lots of RSS subscribers and are well renowned in can give you visibility in for neurons and give you nicely back if you can contribute positively to those ob I also like high quality resource list so this would be things like on the best Better Business Bureau maybe that sort of awesome a little the director world but something like an I CrunchBase right if you're a start-up in the technology world you definitely did have a CrunchBase listing on you might want to be on some Wikipedia lists created those are no fall but that still okay that's probably a good place to get some visibility are there maybe industry-specific lists that are like you know these are iron heavy machine production facilities in the United States radio cash I should be on that list that's what I do right ought news media and blogs so getting the press to cover you getting blogs in your sphere to cover you finding those emailing the adders letting them know that you're-launching this new website that's a that's a great time to say hey this business is transformer launching a new site which in your branding whatever it is serving a process where the message in get someone to look you review sites for your blogs are great for those two as those for sale.

You've got a new application you got a new mobile service we will link to you that could be interesting relevant social industry an app account links right so if I contribute something to the Google Chrome store right if I contribute something to the Apple store if I I am contributing something to a design portal design gallery all those kinds of industry stuff and accounts that you can get are likely worth submitting to worth getting your website listed on and then social media link acquisitions have it was obvious stuff for you spend time on Twitter on Facebook and Linkedin and Google+ connecting with people and over time building those relationships that'll get you the links up possibly through wannabes other forms or just through the friendliness of them noticing and liking and enjoying your contacts I M that's what content marketing is all about it was these are great ways to start very safe ways to do link building they're not shorter mines rate this these almost all of them requires at least some effort some investment of your time and energy some creativity some good content know some authenticity in your marketing versus a lot of the stuff that tempts people very early on there like call sweet you know I have a new website I need to get like five hundred links as soon as possible.

So I'm gonna try things like up reciprocal link pages right I'm just gonna put up a lie a list the you know reciprocal link partners I'm gonna go contacted much other firms will all lead to me in rolling to each other will be a happy marriage oblique sounds it's not it's not a wonderland low-quality directories are you search for SEO friendly directory it shows up on that list chances are even Google rightly Google is showing you a bunch of bad stuff I someone was asking me recently on email they said hey I really need some examples of sites that have done manipulative link building as I got so easy search for SEO friendly directory and look at who's paid to be listed in those directories they almost all have spammy meticulous profiles and it's funny because you go to those and I don't know why people don't do this but try searching for the brand names that come up in those lists know the rate for their own brand name well why is that like clearly they're killing themselves at these terrible terrible X-rated so low-quality directors really avoid an article marketing her article spinning I talked about that a few weeks ago on way for Friday also practice so strongly recommend you avoid especially.

I know it can work I know they're people for whom it does work but especially early on you can just kill you really can get you a Bay under penalized are the engines and you just won't break anyway refueling profile starts outstanding paid links is another obvious one up forums open from spam so that kinda going across the Evo lookers a guess but that's open forgot to, but no 5 I'm gonna leave a link there look as the forum that except you know a registration and they don't they forgot to close their no fall off anyone can we link and a half even things like do follow blogs straight to follow blog comments and you know it read it's really risky just because they're-linking a bad place is a lot of the time and it's usually manipulated people who have no intent to create something of value for the search engines they're merely trying to manipulate their rankings and when whenever you have a tactic like that it attracts people wet nasty website on Google Apps.

 They're linking to a lunch on at the site so I don't count those links or maybe media meeting in Hanoi so many people that they're looking to at I really sucks on and then link farms right which is essentially setting up all these you know different systems have links that point to each other across times the domains that are completely artificial week for no human reason are no discernible human reason is merely meant to manipulate the engines this type of stuff can be is very dangerous E when you're early on if you already built up you know a good collection of these types of links your much safer, but you do have some risk in those first three six nine months after you launch the new site around doing wrong things on the link building front and getting yourself into a situation where you're penalizing we see a tiny that stress you must Q&A get any email you see it on the web all the time so be cautious around that and hopefully this checklist will help you get your site to a nice establish place and you can keep doing some great marketing and eventually win the Internet I wish you good luck with your new website thanks so much thanks for watching see you again next week for in addition away for free take care

0 comments:

Post a Comment